The emphasis of Managerial Accounting, 10th edition is on teaching students to use accounting information to best manage an organization. In a practice Hilton pioneered in the first edition, each chapter is written around a realistic business or focus company that guides the reader through the topics of that chapter. Known for balanced examples of Service, Retail, Nonprofit and Manufacturing companies, Hilton/Platt offers a clear, engaging writing style that has been praised by instructors and students alike. As in previous editions, there is significant coverage of contemporary topics such as activity-based costing, target costing, the value chain, customer profitability analysis, and throughput costing while also including traditional topics such as job-order costing, budgeting and performance evaluation. Continue reading
Get your students where they need to be with CORNERSTONES OF MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING. Cornerstones delivers a truly unique learning system that is integrated through the entire introductory managerial accounting journey — ensuring students will leave the course with the knowledge they need to be future business leaders. Students are guided through: Building A Strong Foundation: Students need to build a strong foundation of the fundamentals before they can move forward in this course. The unique Cornerstones approach gets them through the fundamentals FASTER so that they can transition to analyzing and applying concepts. Understanding Relationships: Rather than focusing on concepts in isolation, students should understand accounting as a system and recognize how the end result changes based on how the numbers affect each other. CORNERSTONES aids students in this step as an important part in training them to be good decision makers. Making Decisions: Armed with the knowledge they have gained from working through the other aspects of the Cornerstones approach, students are now given the tools to bring their knowledge full-circle and practice making good business decisions. Students love this approach because it presents materials the way they learn. Instructors love it because it gets students to master the foundations more quickly and allows more time to learn and apply the analysis and decision making of accounting. Get There with Cornerstones! Continue reading
With this 5th edition, readers will acquire a practical set of tools and the confidence they need to use them effectively in making business decisions. The authors follow a “macro- to micro-” strategy by starting with a discussion of real financial statements first, rather than starting with the Accounting Cycle. The objective is to establish how a financial statement communicates the financing, investing, and operating activities of a business to users of accounting information. This motivates readers by grounding the discussion in the real world, showing them the relevance of the topics covered to their careers. New content features such as a fresh and focused approach to Excel, “People, Profit, Planet”, a revised continuing managerial case, and new managerial accounting videos will also engage students and differentiate Kimmel Accounting 5e from the prior edition. Continue reading
Rock-solid decision-making through strong coverage and effective practice.
Managerial Accounting presents readers with the rock-solid fundamentals they need to know, followed by extensive opportunities for practice.
This text book is great, I feel it should be used in a entry level cost accounting or production management class, it is very clear and concise.
great information for what I needed it for. Better at explaining what I needed to do than my teacher. Get the actual book so you can sell it after the class.
Product Details :
- Hardcover: 864 pages
- Publisher: Prentice Hall; 3 edition (January 20, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0132890542
- ISBN-13: 978-0132890540
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 8.5 x 11 inches
Weygandt, Managerial Accounting, 6th Edition gives students the tools they need to succeed, whether as accountants or in other career paths. The authors present the fundamental concepts of managerial accounting in an easy-to-understand fashion in a decision-making framework for a one semester, undergraduate managerial accounting course.
- With an expanded emphasis on student learning, Weygandt Managerial Accounting 6th Edition demonstrates how invaluable management accounting information is to business decision-making.
- The author team of Weygandt, Kimmel, and Kieso provide students with pedagogy that helps develop decision-making skills, so students can be successful as future business professionals.
- The decision making pedagogy, easy-to-understand writing style, and quality end of chapter material have been the hallmark features that have made Managerial Accounting, by Weygandt, Kimmel, and Kieso one of the most popular books for this course.
- Real-World Emphasis – the authors continue the practice of using numerous examples from real-world companies in chapter openers and in the Management Insight boxes.
- Accounting Across the Organization – gives students business context by showing how people, often in non-accounting functions, use accounting information to make decisions.
- Expanded Emphasis Service Company – prepares students for work in the service industry market, and shows that accounting is relevant to both service and manufacturing companies.
- Do IT! Exercises – teach students how to apply their knowledge quickly after they’ve learned it.
- Comprehensive Homework Material – each chapter concludes with Self-Test Questions, Questions, Brief Exercises, Do IT! Review, Exercises, and Problems.
- Broadening Your Perspective Section – is designed to help develop students’ decision-making and critical thinking skills. Continue reading